Everyone is too broke to be snobby about Lidl anymore. But take a trolley around the cut price supermarket & you may be pleasantly surprised at the range of products available. One of the reasons I visit Lidl once a month, is to feed my habit for loving the new and unusual. Each visit to my local Bangor store brings a new selection of treats I haven't seen elsewhere. As well as European foods, Lidl NI offer great priced local produce, their meats are especially good quality.
Here are 12 products that may tempt the foodies amongst my readers to try their local Lidl store.
1. Pear Balsamic Vinegar, also available in Apple.
2. Jalepeno pepper relish. This would be awesome on crackers with mature cheddar.
3. Irish Pea and Ham Soup. This is amazing, one of my repeat purchases. Probably not a suitable soup if you're on a diet (such as the Limmy porridge and soup diet) as it's made with cream.
4. Lemon Curd Yoghurt.
5. Devon Style Toffee Yoghurt. These are 59p each. If I've been at Lidl before you there will be no toffee variety left because I LOVE them. They have little toffee pieces through it.
6. Toffee Spread
7. Coconut Spread. If you follow me on Twitter you'll know I'm addicted to this stuff. You know the white versions of Ferrero Roche? This tastes like the inside of those. I currently have three jars of this stock piled.
8. A big pile of smoked salmon for £2.69, yes please.
9. Smooth Irish Cheddar with Seaweed. SEAWEED!
10. Black Forest Ham. This is a Parma ham style meat and at a fraction of the price you would pay in a deli or posh supermarket.
11. Honey cure bacon
12. Lardons. I honestly can't get these anywhere else. Super handy for in omelettes or pasta dishes.